Scout Association of Hong Kong (“SAHK”) is committed to ensure that all personal data (including all personal data provided through any websites under SAHK, email communications and activities) submitted by the users of this website (“users”) shall be handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Collection of Personal Data
- SAHK collects and stores users' personal data mainly in the following circumstances:
- Participation in surveys and games at the website on the part of users;
- Submission of works (e.g. essays, photographs and other Scouting information) or making comments by users;
- Enquiries made by users about information and services of SAHK;
- Enrollment by users of activities organized by SAHK.
- SAHK will record the visits to SAHK’s website(s) or mobile application(s) (if any) by using cookies without collecting any personal identifiable information of users. A cookie is a small amount of data created in a browsing device (computer, mobile phone or other devices) when a user visits a website on the device. It often includes an anonymous unique identifier. A cookie can be used to identify a browsing device. It, however, is not used to collect any personal information. In other words, it does not have the function of identifying an individual user of the website. Cookies are used by SAHK to obtain statistics about the number of visits of users to our websites and the users’ preference of websites. Information is collected, stored, and processed by SAHK or SAHK’s chosen third-party service providers for compiling usage statistics of our websites, to help us administer and improve the quality of SAHK’s website(s) and mobile application(s) (if any) and to analyse usage of the same. You may choose to accept or reject cookies in your web browser settings. However, if you reject cookies, you may not be able to use some of the functions of our websites (and/or mobile application(s) (if any)).
- In general, SAHK will not disclose any user’s personal data to any third parties without the consent of the user concerned. Further, only authorized personnel can have access to the users' personal data.
- Under certain circumstances (including the protection of SAHK and its users' rights, copyright and intellectual property, investigation of illegal activities, for the compliance of legal requirements, the protection of the personal safety of members of SAHK and the public, etc.), SAHK has the right to disclose any user's personal data to third parties without the consent of user(s) concerned.
Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
- The content available on this website (including but not limited to all texts, graphics, video and audio works, drawings, diagrams, photographs and compilation of data or other materials) are protected by copyright. Unless otherwise specified, SAHK is the owner of the copyright works.
- Unless otherwise specified, any reproduction, adaptation, distribution, dissemination or making available of such copyright works is strictly prohibited unless prior written authorization is obtained from SAHK. If any user discovers that a person or an organization has breached the copyrights of the aforesaid materials, please contact us immediately.
- Users shall browse this website at their own risk. SAHK accepts no liability whatsoever arising from and/or in connection with any user’s use of the website.
- The content of this website is provided on the basis of the situation of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“HKSAR”). Hence, information and contents contained herein may not be suitable to the needs and norms or the practical circumstances of other jurisdictions.
- The terms provided herein shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the HKSAR. By using this website, all users hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the HKSAR.
- SAHK will use its best endeavours to ensure that the contents contained herein are accurate. However, SAHK shall not be liable for any loss caused by any inaccurate or incomplete content or information.
- Except for the contents that have been expressly stated to be produced by SAHK, other contents, including but not limited to the links contained in this website, are not within SAHK's scope of liability, and therefore SAHK is not liable to any loss or damages arising from or in connection with accidents (such as infection by computer virus), defamation, infringement of copyrights or intellectual property rights. For the avoidance of doubts, any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the services provided by SAHK is done at the users’ own risk and discretion. Users will be solely responsible for any damage to their computer system or damage or loss of data resulting from the download of any information.