The objective of Finance Branch is to provide efficient and effective financial management to the Association, and to oversee the proper implementation of financial policies.
Finance Branch operates under the supervision of Finance Committee. Members of the Committee comprise of the Treasurer, Chairpersons of Association Headquarters/Regions' Finance Committee and experienced Certified Public Accountants as well. Finance Committee responsible for setting out financial policy and guidelines, and their subsequent execution.
Members of Finance Committee are appointed annually by the Scout Council. The main functions of the Committee are:
- To advise the Treasurer on the following matters:
- Allocation of resources.
- Application and utilization of government subvention.
- Financial internal control
- To formulate financial management policies and monitor policy execution.
- To approve the charging rates of income generating items in respect of the Association Headquarters.
- To approve the annual budget and make recommendation and advice to the Executive Committee.
- To monitor the financial affairs of Scout Shop, Commissioners' Club and Education Centre.
- To approve the salaried staff's salary scale that approved by Staff Panel.
The main duties of the Branch are to handle all financial matters effectively, and to assist the Treasurer in matters relating to implementation of financial policy and guidelines including:
- Assist Finance Committee in formulating and reviewing the Association's financial policies;
- Assist Hong Kong Scout Foundation Management Committee in managing the Association's investments;
- Keep all accounts in proper order;
- Prepare monthly financial statements;
- Prepare the Association's annual budget;
- Monitor expenditure;
- Formulate and review internal control procedures;
- Provide accounting/financial advice and assistance to other Branches/Regions; and
- Coordinate government subvention applications in connection with the Association Headquarters and the Regions.
You may download the lastest 2018/2019 audited accounts:
- Include the operations of Headquarters of Scout Association of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Scout Foundation, the Scout Shop of Hong Kong, B P International House, five regions (Hong Kong Island Region, Kowloon Region, East Kowloon Region, New Territories Region and New Territories East Region), seven campsites and activity centres (Gilwell Campsite, Pak Sha Wan Tam Wah Ching Sea Activity Centre, Tai Tam Scout Centre, Tung Tsz Scout Centre, Shatin Scout Centre, Tai Mei Tuk Sea Activity Centre and Choi Chee Ming Luen Kwong Scout Centre)
If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us by e-mail, telephone or fax.
Telephone No. : (852) 2957 6422
Fax No. : (852) 2302 1001